Data Protection – An Overview
As of May 2018
More information to download:OSRAM’s data protection standardsPDF: Binding Corporate Rules
Marcel-Breuer-Str. 6 – 8
2. What data do we collect from you?
- We record the domain name or IP address of your computer, the file request of the client (file name and URL), the http response code, and the Internet site you visit us from.
- If you create a user account and register, we collect the access data (usually the user name/e-mail address and password).
- Some sites contain buttons of social media networks. These buttons are not recommendation or referral links. The link merely refers to the social media network in question without any user data being transferred.
3. How do we collect your data?
We collect the data generated when you visit our website in automated form. Otherwise, we collect data only as a result of your inputs on our website or using cookies.
4. What do we use your data for?
- For technical administration and provision of the website
- To create pseudonymous user profiles we use for promotional purposes and market research – unless you object
- To the extent permitted by law: To identify misuse and remedy problems
5. Forwarding of your data
If you have given your consent or we are otherwise authorized to do so under the law, we may pass on your personal data to OSRAM Group companies or to service providers (e.g. hosting, sales or marketing partners) for the above purposes.
If the recipients are based in countries that do not have an adequate level of data protection, OSRAM has taken measures to ensure suitable and adequate safeguards so as to protect personal data. If the data is given to
- Group companies in such countries, we ensure that said companies have signed the Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs) on protection of personal data and abide by them. You can find information on OSRAM’s BCRs in the pdf at the top of the page.
- recipients outside the Group in such countries, the data is only transferred if said companies (i) have concluded EU standard contractual clauses with OSRAM or (ii) – in the case of recipients based in the U.S. – have been certified under the EU–U.S. Privacy Shield.
6. What rights do you have?
You can contact the Data Protection Officer of OSRAM GmbH with your query by post or using the information request form.
This data privacy statement is amended from time to time. You can find the date when it was last updated at its beginning.